Liège, January 05, 1999
AFFILAND was founded in December 1988 and has now more than ten years of experience in the conception and in the fabrication of affinity supports used for the purification of natural and recombinant proteins and peptides.
The principal affinity supports developed and manufactured by AFFILAND are:
- The Thiophilic gel (T-Gel) which is capable of purifying, in a single step, the immunoglobulins from all animal species (IgG, IgA, IgM..., IgY), directly from serum or egg yolk to a purity of 80-98% (w/w). Its capacity for immunoglobulins is high. The elution step is performed using mild conditions: the monoclonal IgG purified by our T-gel and coated onto tubes or microwells reveals negligible non-specific binding in immunoradiometric assays (IRMA).
- The egg yolk IgY purification kit, using IgY binding gel, permits purification of the IgY directly from the egg yolk, in a single step, with a recovery of approx. 100% and a purity >98%.
- The sheep IgG purification kit, using Sheep IgG binding gel, permits purification of the sheep IgG directly from the serum, in a single step, with a recovery of approx. 100% and a purity >98%.
- The patented Pentadentate chelator-Agarose (PDC) and its PDC KIT. This constitutes a new concept in the purification of proteins and peptides fused with a 6x His tag or histidine containing proteins or peptides. It can also be used for first attempts at general purification of proteins or peptides. The number of potential applications for this gel is large.
- The patented PMIB (polyvalent metal ion binding resin) which is capable of generating water, buffers and proteins completely free of polyvalent metal ions.
AFFILAND possesses a "Know How" in the conception and fabrication of affinity supports for the purification of proteins and peptides.
- The quasi-totality of proteins or hormones in the AFFILAND GENERAL CATALOGUE (68 pages) are purified directly by affinity chromatography, from crude materials such as sera, hen eggs, milk, pituitary gland extract:
Our highly purified proteins and/or hormones can be easily labeled with I-125 or enzymes used as tracers in diagnostic kits. The partially purified ones can be easily used for making standard curves in diagnostic kits.
- Affiland also supplies the antibodies raised in mammalian animal species and in birds.
- We can also supply customer service for the purification of proteins and peptides from any sources.
Sart Tilman, 3rd January 2002
Happy new year to you. Many thanks to you for your confidence in Affiland products : affinity media as well as proteins and hormones (antigens, antibodies) and its customer service.
In response to customers' needs, we have developed for the year 2002 the following new products:
- Regarding AFFINITY MEDIA: Our Affinity Media was originally developed with SepharoseTM CL-4B as support, they now are also available on SepharoseTM 4 Fast Flow and StreamlineTM Quartz Base Matrix as supports.
Their binding capacity is high in comparison to that of SepharoseTM CL-4B.
®: trade mark of GE Healthcare companies. These matrices are those used as starting materials for the preparation of our affinity media.
You will find also our
- the SepharoseTM 4 Fast Flow support can be used in HPLC chromatography.
- and the StreamlineTM Quartz Base Matrix support can be easily decanted after a short time. They can easily be used in batch mode without a centrifuge being necessary.
The bead size of the matrix is 100-300 µm. Therefore the flow rate is very high at normal pressure. You can also apply a higher pressure if necessary.
SAMPLE CLEAN UP
Prior to mass spectrometry
2D gel electrophoresis
- Regarding PROTEINS AND HORMONES, please discover our HORSE PROTEINS comprising antigens and antibodies.
- Regarding CUSTOMER SERVICE, we welcome your questions and suggestions about protein purification or large scale affinity media manufacture.
Sart Tilman - Liège
February 06, 2003
AFFILAND possesses a Know How in the conception and fabrication of affinity supports for the purification of proteins and peptides...
The success of Affiland in the year 2002 was due to the use of the SepharoseTM Fast flow and StreamlineTM Quartz Base Matrix as the starting materials in its affinity media range which now can be used in the research laboratories as well as in the industrial production.
Our affinity supports may be cleaned-up with no significant loss of binding capacity for greater than 40 cycles. This is available with our patented PDC-Matrix as well as with our T-Gel, IgY binding gel, Sheep IgG binding gel, Avidin-Matrix, Biotin and/or Iminobiotin-Matrix...
We would like to thank you for your faithful confidence in our range of products : the affinity media, the proteins, hormones purified by affinity methods, different antibodies, as well as different custom services you requested.
IN THIS YEAR 2003, YOUR WORRIES OF LOSING PROTEINS OR DNA AFTER CONCENTRATION FROM DILUTE SOLUTION, USING MEMBRANE CONCENTRATION, WILL BE RESOLVED WITH OUR
PATENTED CONCENTRATION RESIN
YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED ONCE YOU USE IT
Hoping this information is interesting for you, we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Tran Quang Minh, PhD