Ready and Easy-to-use
References and applications:
(Pentadentate chelator) and
(Pentadentate chelator kit)
- J. Biol. Chem., 275: 11147-11153 (2000) ; 275: 25411-25417 (2000) ; 277: 2413-2418 (2002) ; 278: 10697-10706 (Mar 2003) ; 278, Issue 21: 18817-18823 (May 23, 2003) ; 278: 30677-30685 (Aug 2003).
- Eur. J. Biochem., 268: 1613-1619 (2001) ; 269: 3531-3539 (2002) ; 269: 4789-4798 (2002).
- Protein Sci., 11: 500-515 (2002) ; 11: 1506-1518 (2002).
- Biochem. J., 352: 651-658 (2000).
- J. Bacteriol., Oct 2003 ; 185: 5925-5935.
- PLANT MOLECULAR BIOLOGY ; Volume 56, Number 6 / December, 2004
- Molecular Cell 21, 775-785, March 17, 2006 (C)2006 Elsevier Inc. DOI 10.1016/j.molcel.2006.01.033
- Journal of Immunological Methods, Volume 320, Issues 1-2, 30 March 2007, Pages 81-93.
- PNAS | November 13, 2007 | vol. 104 | no. 46 | 18157-18162.
- for 6x His-tagged protein purification.
- for Zn-protein purification in a single step.
- for first attempts at general purification of proteins.
The patented pentadentate chelator coupled to SepharoseTM CL-4B (PDC-Agarose) developed by AFFILAND, is capable of forming complexes with all polyvalent metal ions including Cu2+, Ni2+, Zn2+, and Co2+, to give
- an octahedral Metal ion-Chelator complex.
- with five coordination sites occupied by the chelator.
In addition, PDC-Agarose has a high binding capacity:
- in the best stability of the Metal ion-Chelator complex. No leakage of Ni2+, Zn2+ and Co2+ was observed during chromatography steps, including steps using chaotropic buffers such as guanidine hydrochloride 6M pH 8.0, urea 8M pH 8.0 or non-ionic detergents... Note that the guanidine hydrochloride 4M-6M tends to strip slowly the Cu-Chelator column if excessively used.
- in one and only one site free for interaction and selective binding of accessible cysteine/histidine residues and chiefly histidine containing biomolecules.
- 35-40 Ámoles of M2+ (M = Cu, Ni, Zn, Co) per milliliter of wet gel.
- 15-20 mg of 6x His-tagged HSP 60/ml of wet Zn-PDC gel.
- approx. 15 mg of human alpha2-Macroglobulin/ml of wet Ni-PDC gel.
and approx. 15 mg of Mutated triosephosphate isomerase/ml of wet Ni-PDC gel.
- Stability of the gel:
- pH range 2-12.
- Several years at physiological pH if stored at 4░C.
- The gel can be regenerated : minimum 10 cycles without significant loss of binding capacity.
SepharoseTM: trade mark of GE Healthcare companies.
6x His-tagged protein purification with PDC using PDC KIT
Zinc protein purification with PDC using PDC KIT
General purification of proteins with PDC using PDC KIT
Iminodiacetic acid-Agarose for IMAC
PMIB (polyvalent metal ion binding resin) for water, buffers & proteins free of polyvalent metal ions